I have vivid memories of being a small girl and secretly eating chocolate frosting from plastic tubs in my bedroom. When I was done, I’d hide the spoon and tub behind my bed and pretend that everything was OK. As I aged and became more aware of the size of my body, I’d counter those binges with hours of Jane Fonda on tape. By my early twenties, I was on drugs and doing whatever I could to escape the realities of my life. Eventually, I got off of drugs but immediately turned back to my old friends Ben and Jerry.
I made my way up to 220lbs before realizing that I had any sort of issue with food. But, at that point, I still believed that it was about the food so, like most women, I started dieting. Despite my continued binge eating, I somehow yo-yo’d my way down to a “respectable” weight.
And then, something amazing happened.
I realized that I still hated my body and that my relationship with food was more fucked up than ever.
Something had to give.
From that point, I set out onto a quest to make true and lasting peace with food.
I had no idea the path that was about to unfold for me. In fact, if you would have told me 10 years ago that I’d be supporting women in creating a peaceful relationship with food, I’d would have likely laughed, rolled my eyes, and told you that you were fucking crazy.
None the less, I haven’t binged in over three years and I can truly say that I have a peaceful relationship with food. I no longer have to hide the Nutella or skip parties because of the food. I no longer live in the extremes of starving or stuffed. I can keep ice cream and buckets (literally, we have a bucket) of chocolate in the house without feeling the urge to gorge myself on them (or even eat them at all).
Sometimes, it isn’t a beautifully painted picture of food perfection (which is an illusion, anyway).
It is, however, peaceful. I am no longer at war with food.
I’ve created Peaceful Eating, my signature program to support you in ending the war with food.
What is Peaceful Eating?
Peaceful Eating Kit is the system I created with the intention of giving you the tools you need to make peace with food. If you are willing to show up for yourself and do the work, you’ll learn:
- How to listen to your body on what, when and how much to eat.
- The reason(s) why you overeat even when you “know better.”
- Why I don’t tell my clients to “eat whatever they want.”
- The only tool you need to put binge eating to an end. (For real. I haven’t binged in well over three years!)
- How to eat food that nourishes your body without feeling deprived or white knuckling it through cravings.
It (the peaceful eating approach) is groundbreaking. ~ Karen
Who is Peaceful Eating for?
This is for any woman who is truly ready to make peace with food. You will dig it if:
- You are willing to show up for yourself and do the work.
- You are ready to get off of the binge eating and diet roller coaster.
- You know that your relationship with food is just an outer manifestation of the inner work that needs attention.
- You are willing to be super honest with yourself.
Christie’s irreverent and super clear style reminds you to cut the bullshit and show up for yourself. It is tough-love at it’s finest, a call to action emphatically encouraging you to step up and claim your birthright – a peaceful relationship with food. This program will: hold your hand, light the way, help you figure yourself out, and make you feel understood, completely. This program will not: do the work for you. But you deserve better than that, don’t you? I can’t think of a person that I know who wouldn’t benefit from this program on some level. I only wish someone had offered this when I was 13 years old, because I would have saved myself a lot of time and heartache.
~Mara Glatzel, Coach and author of Body Loving Homework: Writing Prompts for Cultivating Self-Love
But, it isn’t for everyone.
One of the things I’ve learned along the way is that what works for one might not work for another and my approach to peace is no different. I don’t recommend my approach if:
- You are offended by f-bombs and telling it like it is with a side of woo.
- You are looking for a quick-fix, magic pill, or some other illusion of perfection.
- You aren’t willing to actually apply the tools in your life.
- You are actively engaged in behaviors of anorexia or bulimia.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s talk details.
I bought your ‘peaceful eating’ kit a few weeks ago and I have found it really helpful. I really like your extension and elaboration on the usual Intuitive Eating approach. It has really helped me ground the principles in my everyday life. I particularly like your concept of eating food that loves you back – that one idea keeps coming up for me as I try to become more aware of when, how, what and why I eat – and how I feel afterwards. In the kit, I love how you mix great structure and worksheets with a very gentle and encouraging manner – just perfect. ~ Sam
The Peaceful Eating Kit
The Peaceful Eating Kit is a self-study program that is packed with tools, recommendations, and resources. It includes:
- A 166 page PDF of downright awesome
- 33 tools (worksheets, handouts, + guided meditations)
- 4 “sessions” covering the inside work + 4 “sessions” covering the outside work
- A 4-Month Action Plan that shows you which tools to use + when and how to use them for the best results (this action plan is optional, feel free to dig into the tools in a way that feels right for you)
- A workbook that lays out the 4-Month Action plan along with coordinating tools
- My list of additional recommended resources
The Self-Study Peaceful Eating Kit is $97.
What I love about Christie’s Peaceful Eating is that it encourages people to respect and honor our bodies. And even better, it gives us the practical step-by-step tools to nourish ourselves in every sense of the word. From feeling our feelings to challenging self-critical thoughts to decoding our hunger cues to eating foods we love (and, as she says, love us back),Christie shows us how we can truly fulfill our needs and lead fulfilling lives. It’s a toolbox that helps you dig deep, and supports you along the way. This is an eye-opening, clear-cut and valuable kit!
~ Margarita Tartakovsky, Associate Editor of Psych Central and Author of the body image blog, Weightless
Your Questions Answered
Is there any sort of guarantee?
I offer a 30-day, no questions asked money back guarantee. If you don’t dig it, let me know and I will refund you.
What makes this different than other programs like this out there?
One of the things my clients say is that what makes me different is that I’ve actually been there and done that. I use to be 220 lbs of miserable, on drugs, binge eating and a chronic yo-yo dieter. So, I get it. I know what is gonna come up for you as you apply these tools and because of that, I can help you work through it. In each chapter of the book, I talk about not just the principles themselves but how to overcome the shit that comes up when applying them. The obstacles I know very well because I’ve had to face them myself. So, the kit is part philosophical, part memoir and part practical magic.
What is the difference between Peaceful Eating and Intuitive Eating?
One of my coaching certifications is in Intuitive Eating and many of you have found me by way of wanting to learn more about intuitive eating. The concept of Intuitive Eating was my gateway into this work. What I have found both personally and professionally is:
1. For those that have been on the diet roller coaster a really long time, it can be super simple to turn the principles of intuitive eating into another diet plan.
2. I never found the Intuitive Eating Principles to be practical enough for me. I like direct, deliberate actions steps. Peaceful Eating is all about the practical side – the what to do to make it happen side.
3. My philosophy of Peaceful Eating includes what I call the inside work which focuses on integrity, mindset, and working with emotions and needs. What I’ve found is that without those critical pieces the principles of intuitive eating (the outside work) can’t be applied effectively.
4. It isn’t just a rehash of what you might find in other intuitive eating books or programs. It is a boiled down to the nitty gritty need to know details so that you can get right to work. I’ve been told that it (my approach) is revolutionary, groundbreaking, and like nothing else out there.
Will peaceful eating help me get to my goal weight?
Well, that depends. What I believe is that if your natural weight (rather than a goal weight you’ve set in your mind) is less than you are now then using the tools of Peaceful Eating will help you get to your natural weight. Peaceful eating does not include a specific food plan and is based 100% on listening to your brilliant body.
How will it be delivered?
Once you click the buy button, you’ll be directed to PayPal for payment. Once that part is complete, you’ll be sent to a page with a download link. The download itself is a zip file. Inside the zipped file is two PDF documents: the kit and the workbook. You’ll be able to save these on your computer and use in a way that works for you (my recommendations on exactly how are included in the kit).
Have questions about whether or not the kit is right for you? Feel free to email me.