In my last post, I wrote about how the Human Design Transits affect your chart.
To follow up with that post, I wanted to share a tarot practice that I created to help you work more skillfully with transit energy.
You do not need to be familiar with the Tarot to take advantage of this practice because this relies heavily on your own intuition.
To do this practice, you’ll need:
- A Tarot deck (I prefer Thoth)
- Tarot: Mirror of the Soul book by Gerd Ziegler or any other book with meanings you prefer
- A Genetic Matrix Pro Account
- Your chart
- A Journal and Pen/Pencil
Let’s get started.
The purpose of this practice is to give you daily insight into how to fully harness the power of the transits. I recommend doing this practice in the morning.
Step 1: Run your daily transit chart on Genetic Matrix.
- Log in to Genetic Matrix on a computer. The option we will be using is not available on the app.
- Click Create Chart +
- Scroll to the bottom and click the hot pink button called Calendar
- Select your name, day view, the date, and the correct time zone.
A page that looks similar to this will come up:
For reference so you can see how it’s different, here is my normal chart:
- what your chart looks like with the transit
- a list of the transits at the moment you ran the view (to the immediate right of the transit bodygraph)
- the times transits will happen that day (in the middle of the chart). These are clickable and will give you details about the gate. You can also find them in the Human Design Gates Library on my blog.
- If there is a transit that has yet to occur that day that changes your chart, it will be noted. Looking at mine you can see it says under the second moon Charisma 20-34. That means while the moon is in Human Design Gate 34, I will have the channel of charisma defined.
- Personal channels – these are the channels that the transit completes for you.
- Educational channels – these are channels that the transit completes on its own and you have it undefined
- Natal channels – the channels defined in your birth chart
You’ll also find a section for notes and a to-do list. These sections are not typable; you’ll need to print the chart if you want to use them.
Step 2: Grab your journal and make some notes.
Make a note in your journal which channels and additional centers are defined by the transit.
Step 3: Grab your tarot and ask.
I personally do this step for centers only but you could absolutely do it for gates and channels too.
One at a time, for each center/gate/channel, ask:
What is the best way to work with this X center energy today?
Other ways to ask the question:
How can I harness the full power of X center today?
In what ways can I benefit from X center energy today?
Or any other question that you’d like to ask.
Step 4: Shuffle the deck and draw
Hold the question in your mind, shuffle the deck, and then draw a card.
Step 5: Write down the card name.
Write down the center name and the card you pulled.
Step 6: Note what the card is telling you.
- Grab the Tarot: Mirror of the Soul book or whatever book you are using
- Flip to the page of the card you pulled.
- Make note of anything that stands out.
Step 7: Think about how that relates to the center and the things you are experiencing right now or your day ahead.
Here is an example from my practice the morning I started writing this post:
I drew cards for the will, the solar plexus, and the root because those are normally undefined in my chart.
The cart I got for the will center was:
8 of Wands, swiftness
One of the lines in the book that stood out to me was:
The moment has come to define where you stand. If you are open and remain centered, misunderstandings will be cleared.
When I saw that, I immediately made the connection that today, I have a chance to use my will to reorient to what really matters to me.
For the last week-ish, I’d fallen back into some old “hustle” patterns and was starting to lose sight of my actual priorities. I’m pretty sure I am hitting another uplevel that I talked about in my recent projector success post.
And this affirmation popped into my head:
I stand for my well-being being the key indicator of my success.
Your interpretation will depend on the center, the card, and anything else that might be going on for you.
The most important thing is to TRUST what comes up.
Step 8: Create an affirmation.
Write down your interpretation and turn it into an affirmation for the day.
Step 9: Remind yourself of the affirmation.
Write down your affirmation somewhere that you will be able to connect with it throughout the day. Don’t just rely on your memory. Your brain is a processor; isn’t meant to be used as a storage unit for every little thing. Utilize tools like post-it notes, note cards, and phone reminders.
Step 10: Notice how the energy of the transit centers is showing up throughout the day and how the card/affirmation applies.
In my practice, I noticed that I really thought that I “should be” working on a specific project that is truly not important right now. What really mattered to me was taking care of some personal things.
When the time came to do those personal things, I remembered that standing for what matters to me is one of the most important ways I can harness the energy of today. I could either use my will to forge ahead with the not-so-important project, or I could use it to do personal things.
I did the personal things and I felt so amazing after.
Step 11: Repeat often.
As you do this practice, you will start to notice patterns that come up around certain centers. This can start to show you where some of your Human Design deconditioning work is.
For me, I often notice when my will is defined that my default is to use that energy for the “shoulds” on my list; the things I think make me worthy and valuable.
But the will center is meant to be used in service to the “Higher Heart”, the mundane longings of the soul, not things to prove worthiness.
(I go deep into the centers in the Nine Centers Guide, which is included when you purchase the Human Design Map.)
I recommend making notes when you start to observe such patterns in your own life. Just the act of writing them down initiates alchemical transformation.
That’s a wrap.
I trust that you will find heaps of value in this practice as you work with the Human Design Transits.