For me, quotes have always been a really great way to reconnect with my deepest heartfelt intentions. I use them as a talisman and love to connect to the energy of the quotes. And since one of the things I know for sure is that self-acceptance is critical on the path to personal and spiritual growth, today, I’ve got a collection of self-acceptance quotes and affirmations.
I encourage you to use the self-acceptance quotes and affirmations in any way that resonates with you. Pin them on Pinterest, put them on a sticky note on your bathroom mirror, or, perhaps even meditate on them.
No matter how you use these self-acceptance quotes and affirmations, my hope is that they will inspire a deeper sense of self-acceptance.
Without further ado, here are my favorite self-acceptance quotes and affirmations.
Self Acceptance Quotes by Oprah Winfrey
- As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- I was once afraid of people saying, “Who does she think she is?” Now I have the courage to stand and say, “This is who I am. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- I am a woman in process. I’m just trying like everybody else. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are – not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within – that you can begin to take control. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- All these years I’ve been feeling like I was growing into myself. Finally, I feel grown. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- What we’re all striving for is authenticity, a spirit-to-spirit connection. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Lack of self-esteem is what causes wars because people who really love themselves don’t go out and try to fight other people … It’s the root of all the problems. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- True self-esteem is realizing that you are valuable because you were born. No matter where you came from, what color your skin is, what people say about your family or what mean things people may have done to you because you were born, you are important and you matter. ~ Oprah Winfrey
Self Acceptance Quotes by Carl Jung
- Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. ~ Carl Jung
- Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes. ~ Carl Jung
- Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. ~ Carl Jung
- Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people. ~ Carl Jung
- The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. ~ Carl Jung
- People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls. ~ Carl Jung
- One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. ~ Carl Jung
- Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event. ~ Carl Jung
- We cannot change anything unless we accept it. ~ Carl Jung
- How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also If I am to be whole. ~ Carl Jung
- Shame is a soul eating emotion. ~ Carl Jung
- The best political, social, and spiritual work we can do is to withdraw the projection of our shadow onto others. ~ Carl Jung
- To find out what is truly individual in ourselves, profound reflection is needed; and suddenly we realize how uncommonly difficult the discovery of individuality is. ~ Carl Jung
- Be silent and listen: have you recognized your madness and do you admit it? Have you noticed that all your foundations are completely mired in madness? Do you not want to recognize your madness and welcome it in a friendly manner? You wanted to accept everything. So accept madness too. Let the light of your madness shine, and it will suddenly dawn on you. Madness is not to be despised and not to be feared, but instead, you should give it life. ~ Carl Jung
- What you resist, persists. ~ Carl Jung
- I’d rather be whole than good. ~ Carl Jung
- The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. ~ Carl Jung
Self Acceptance Quotes by Gabby Bernstein
- The way we experience the world around us is a direct reflection of the world within us. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- You can’t make people be or do what you want. All you can do is be unapologetic about what you want and let others show up however they can. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- Be faithful that your authentic power is all you need to truly share your light with the world. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- Bring acceptance and compassionate self-talk. Say nice things to yourself – you’re the only one listening. Tell yourself, I am doing the best I can. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- The moment we begin to celebrate ourselves and focus on our successes is the moment we begin living. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- All the happiness, self-confidence, and support you’re seeking is already within you. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- Get naked with your truth, offering the world your greatest gift: your authentic self. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- I would suggest that the next generation stop looking for happiness outside of themselves but instead turn inward. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- At some point all lies are brought to the surface and truth comes forth no matter how hard we try to hide it. ~ Gabby Bernstein
- The issue is that if you hold onto the resentment against yourself, you’re just going to recreate that destructive pattern in different forms because unconsciously it’s still a belief system that limits you. ~ Gabby Bernstein
Self Acceptance Quotes by Debbie Ford
- Your life will be transformed when you make peace with your shadow. The caterpillar will become a breathtakingly beautiful butterfly. You will no longer have to pretend to be someone you’re not. You will no longer have to prove you’re good enough. When you embrace your shadow you will no longer have to life in fear. Find the gifts of your shadow and you will finally revel in all the glory of your true self. Then you will have the freedom to create the life you have always desired. ~ Debbie Ford
- Each aspect within us needs understanding and compassion. If we are unwilling to give it to ourselves how can we expect the world to give it to us? ~ Debbie Ford
- We can’t fight darkness with darkness. We have to find compassion and embrace the darkness inside of us in order to understand it and, ultimately, to transcend it. ~ Debbie Ford
- The greatest act of courage is to be and to own all of who you are — without apology, without excuses, without masks to cover the truth of who you are. ~ Debbie Ford
- It is only when we have the courage to face things exactly as they are, without any self-deception or illusion, that a light will develop out of events, by which the path to success may be recognized. ~ Debbie Ford
- All of your so-called faults, all the things which you don’t like about yourself are your greatest assets. ~ Debbie Ford
- You must go into the dark in order to bring forth your light. ~ Debbie Ford
- Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong, good or bad. ~ Debbie Ford
- Perfect love is to feel what perfect white is to color. Many think that white is the absence of color. It is not. It is the inclusion of all color. White is every other color that exists combined. So, too, is love, not the absence of emotion (hatred, anger, lust, jealousy, covertness), but the summation of all feeling? It is the sum total. The aggregate amount. The everything. Love is inclusive: it accepts the full range of human emotion. ~ Debbie Ford
- True courage comes not just from feeling confident and strong, but from being an honest, authentic expression of yourself. Think about how audacious it is to really believe in yourself. ~ Debbie Ford
- It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. ~ Debbie Ford
- Every aspect of ourselves has a gift. Every emotion and every trait we possess helps show us the way to enlightenment, to oneness. ~ Debbie Ford
- To liberate ourselves from the confines of our stories, we must be willing to give up the comfort of our self-made cocoons. ~ Debbie Ford
- The purpose of our journey is to restore ourselves to wholeness. ~ Debbie Ford
Self Acceptance Quotes by Brene Brown
- You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. ~ Brene Brown
- Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self–acceptance. ~ Brene Brown
- Shame derives its power from being unspeakable. ~ Brene Brown
- Those who feel lovable, who love, and who experience belonging simply believe they are worthy of love and belonging. ~ Brene Brown
- We judge people in areas where we’re vulnerable to shame. ~ Brene Brown
- Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. ~ Brene Brown
- Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen. ~ Brene Brown
- To love ourselves and support each other in the process of becoming real is perhaps the greatest single act of daring greatly. ~ Brene Brown
- Fitting in and belonging are not the same thing. In fact, fitting in is one of the greatest barriers to belonging. Fitting in is about assessing a situation and becoming who you need to be in order to be accepted. Belonging, on the other hand, doesn’t require us to change who we are; it requires us to be who we are. ~ Brene Brown
- Those who have a strong sense of love and belonging have the courage to be imperfect. ~ Brene Brown
- You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story & hustle for your worthiness. ~ Brene Brown
- Your level of belonging can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance. ~ Brene Brown
- Owning our worthiness is the act of owning that we are sacred. ~ Brene Brown
- In a society of “put yourself last”, self-love and self-acceptance are almost revolutionary. ~ Brene Brown
Other Self Acceptance Quotes You’ll Love
- Accept yourself and experience true liberation. ~ Amy Leigh Mercee
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. ~ Marilyn Monroe
- We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. ~ Dalai Lama
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. ~ Coco Chanel
- There is no perfection, only beautiful versions of brokenness. ~ Shannon Alder
- When you accept yourself flaws, no one can use them against you. ~ Unknown
- Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.
- No one is you and that is your power. ~ Vybe Source
- If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. ~ Maya Angelou
- Embrace the glorious mess that you are. ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- You are not a drop in an ocean. You are the entire ocean in a single drop. ~ Rumi
- I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. ~ Rita Mae Brown
- When you know yourself you are empowered. When you accept yourself, you are invincible. ~ Tina Lifford
- The curious paradox is that when I accept myself, then I can change. ~ Carl Rogers
- I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine. ~ Bruce Lee
- Lighten up on yourself. No one in this world is perfect. Gently accept your humanness. ~ Deborah Day
- I decided that the most revolutionary thing I could do was to show up for my life and not be ashamed. ~ Anne Lamott
- Accepting yourself only as long as you look a certain way is not self-acceptance, it is self-destruction. ~ Laci Green
- Don’t you carry stones in your bowl of Light ~ Trevor Hall
Self Acceptance Affirmations
- I AM whole and complete.
- I choose wholeness.
- I choose to love and accept myself.
- I AM willing to accept my wholeness.
- I bring consciousness instead of judgment to myself.
- My imperfections make me beautiful ~ Suzanne Heyn
- I accept and love myself the way I am.
- I celebrate all of who I am.
- I AM everything.
- I deeply approve of all that I am.
- I approve of every single part of me.
- I accept all that I AM.
- I accept and forgive my flaws.
- My opinion of me is the only opinion that really matters.
- I embrace my wholeness.
I do hope that you have found these self-acceptance quotes and affirmations to be helpful as you walk your path of self-acceptance. If you need some step-by-step guidance on HOW to accept yourself, be sure to check out my eCourse, Shadow + Light.
And, if you’re in the mood for more quotes, I’ve got tons of them. Here are self-love quotes, gratitude and thank you quotes, quotes on shame, and self-compassion quotes. (I told you I love quotes!)