Looking for some self love quotes? I’ve got you covered.
I have always been a bit of a quote whore. Just look at my Pinterest account and you will find thousands of them. I’ve even been told that I should curate a book of great quotes.
I’m not sure if creating a book of quotes is in cards for me but I do believe that quotes are an amazing tool to tap you into deep insight and wisdom. I also know that practicing self-love and self-acceptance is the foundation of a well-lived life. Today, I am marrying those two passions into this awesome collection of self-love quotes.
Without further ado, here they are:
50 of the Most Inspirational Self Love Quotes
2. Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening. ~ Lisa Hayes
3. There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the essence of beauty. ~ Steve Maraboli
4. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete. ~ Jack Kornfield
5. You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care. ~ Jessica Ortner
6. Compassionate action has to start with ourselves. If we are willing to stand fully in our own shoes and never give up on ourselves, then we will be able to put ourselves in the shoes of others and never give up on them. ~ Pema Chodron, author of When Things Fall Apart
7. And you, you scare people, because you are whole all by yourself. ~ Lauren Alex Hooper
8. In a society that profits from your self-doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act. ~ Caroline Cardwell
9. The journey isn’t about becoming a different person. It’s about loving who you are right now. ~ Suzanne Heyn
10. If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. ~ Maya Angelou, author of I know why the caged bird sings.
11. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ~ Marianne Williamson
12. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete. ~ Buddha
13. Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you. ~ Unknown
15. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. ~ Rupi Kaur
16. Be the love you never received. ~ Rune Lazuli
17. The real difficulty to overcome is how you think about yourself. ~Maya Angelou, author of I know why the caged bird sings.
18. I’m very interested in truth, in finding ways to be messy and unsure and flawed and incredible and great and my fullest self, all wrapped into one. ~ Emma Watson
19. The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. ~ Carl Jung
21. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. ~ Lucille Ball
22. And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself? ~ Rumi
23. The highest form of intelligence is to view yourself without judgment. ~ Krishnamurti
24. To thine own self be true. ~ Shakespeare
26. Be the very love that you crave. ~ Christine Kane, artist of the album Wide Awake
27. When we make peace with ourselves, we spontaneously make peace with the world. ~ Debbie Ford
28. Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every relationship that you have. ~ Unknown
29. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. ~ Oscar Wilde
30. I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect. They are much more interesting. ~ Marc Jacobs
31. Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity. ~ Katrina Mayer
32. You know those people who believe in you? Believe them. ~ Tanya Geisler
33. I decide the most subversive revolutionary thing I could do was to show up for my life and not be ashamed. ~ Anne Lamott
34. Accepting yourself only as long as you look a certain way isn’t self-love, it’s self-destruction. ~ Laci Green
35. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. ~ Rita Mae Brown
36. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier. ~ Diane Von Furstenberg, Fashion Designer and author of The Woman I Wanted to Be
37. The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. ~ Carl Jung
38. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. ~ Shannon L. Alder
39. If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. ~ Charles Bukowski
41. Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat. ~ Warsan Shire
42. When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened. ~ Shannon Adler
43. Self-love is a good thing but self-awareness is more important. You need to once in a while go ‘Uh, I’m kind of an asshole. ~ Louis CK
44. Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness. ~ Deborah Day
45. Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be. ~ Jennifer Elisabeth
46. It took many years of vomiting up all the filth I’d been taught about myself and half-believed before I was able to walk on the earth as though I had a right to be here. ~ James Baldwin
47. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving. ~ Kim McMillen
48. You’ll never know who you are unless you shed who you pretend to be. ~ Vironika Tugaleva
49. The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. ~ Steve Maraboli
50. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. ~ Coco Chanel
Well, there you have it. My list of the absolute best self-love quotes. I hope that you have found them inspirational as you walk your path.
Ready to practice self love in a deep and real way?
Enter your email below to get my free guide on 50 ways to practice self love.